Bookings & Payment
Reservations can be made online, by telephone or by post (please ring to reserve dates first). Conformation of the booking is then required within 7 days of the reservation. This can be done online, or a by sending a booking form by post along with a non-refundable deposit of £100. The deposit can be paid online, by post (cheques to be made payable to ‘Coldingham Loch Fly Fishery’) or by telephone (01890 771960).
The remainder of the full rent should be paid a minimum of 6 weeks prior to date of arrival. You can also pay the full balance up front, £100 of which would be the non-refundable deposit. If the booking is made within 30 days of the date of arrival then 100% of the booking is required at the time of booking. The payments for any fishing tickets will be settled by the last Friday of your stay.
Online payments: please note if you wish to make payments online you can do so with a credit card using the Paypal service (you do not need to be a Paypal member it will take payment by credit card from non members) or if you are a Paypal member already then you can use your account as normal. Please note Paypal charge us 4% and we pass this on to customers using paypal for the balance of their stay (we will not charge it for the deposit element of £100). We offer other online payment methods which is that you can transfer into our bank account online just email for our details.
More than 6 weeks notice: In the event of a cancellation by the tenant the deposit will be forfeit and the proprietors need to be notified immediately.
Less than 6 weeks notice: If the cancellation is made less than 6 weeks before the commencement of the let, the total rent will be forfeit. It is therefore advisable that guests take out holiday insurance to cover themselves against any such circumstance. We will however endeavour to re-let the cancellation and if this proves successful then the original tenant will only forfeit the deposit.
Terms of Let:
- Additional persons: no additional persons shall be permitted to reside at the property, over and above that specified as the maximum number the property can sleep. If guests wish to add more people than originally booked for as long as this is within the maximum the property can sleep please contact us to make arrangements for any changes.
- Arrival & Departure times: Lettings are from 4pm on the day of arrival (Saturday) to 10 a.m on the day of departure (Saturday) unless otherwise agreed. Short breaks are from 1pm on the day of arrival.
- The property including furniture and fittings should be left in the same condition as tenants find it on arrival. Any accidental damage or breakages need to be paid for and any excessive cleaning or damage will incur a surcharge. Bed linen, towels and tea towels are provided unless guests wish to bring their own.
- Non smoking: For the comfort of all guests please note that all properties are strictly non smoking.
- Dogs are welcome by prior arrangement in some of the cottages – please check before booking. Dogs are not to be left unattended in the property at any time. We also ask that owners bring their own dog beds and that dogs are not allowed on any furniture nor into the bedrooms at any time. As Coldingham Loch is a working Fly Fishery surrounded by farm land we ask that dogs are kept under strict control at all times and do not enter the water of the loch at any time.
- Public Liability: The tenants agree that neither the owners nor any person in their employ will be liable for any loss, damage, sickness or injury, howsoever caused, which may be sustained by the tenants or any member of their party, or any person whom the tenants may have invited into the accommodation and grounds of the property during the holiday let period. No responsibility is accepted for any accident or injury to persons visiting Coldingham Loch Fly Fishery & Holiday Cottages or for loss or damage to their property.
- Fishing: on Coldingham Loch is strictly fly fishing only, seven days per week from March to November. Holiday guests are able to use the loch from dawn to 10pm or dusk if earlier than 10pm whilst for non holiday guests the loch is open from 8.30 a.m to 10pm. Nine boats are available and there is over 1 mile of good bank fishing. Fishing tickets are for either boat or bank fishing and are non-transferable. The maximum ‘bag’ is four fish per rod per day, with no fish less than 12″ in length to be taken and all brown trout to be returned to the water. Further information for booking your fishing and session prices can be found on the fishing section of this website. The loch is not to be used for pleasure rowing, engines, sailing boats or swimming.
- Firearms: no guns, crossbows, bows and arrows or any offensive weapon will be allowed on the site or in any of the properties at Coldingham Loch. No shooting of any sort, trapping or illegal fishing will be tolerated under any circumstances.