As of end of play on 22nd March the fishery and holiday cottages are closed to anglers and cottage guests for the next two weeks at which point we will review this decision.
Ted and Tina Wise, who own neighbouring fishery, Whinney Loch, have also asked us to announce that they are doing the same with their fishery and are closed for the next fortnight.
We have been taking as many measures as we can to reduce the risk of spread as per public health advice but the advice has now changed. Government are strongly advising that we all avoid non essential travel and social contact.
We are extremely sorry for any disappointment and inconvenience this may cause but we are trying to do the right thing by our customers, ourselves and our local community. We will re-open in whichever way we can as and when this is appropriate.
Corvid 19 Holiday Cottage Cancellations
Bookings made for the next two weeks we have been in touch with re this decision and anyone else please feel free to contact us re bookings beyond these two weeks which we expect will need to be cancelled too assuming the travel advice will remain in place for the foreseeable future.
For bookings made this year our cancellation policy at the time of booking was as follows:
- The deposit (£75 or £100) is non-refundable in the event of any cancellation
- The balance is non-refundable if the stay is cancelled with less than 2 months notice.
- The balance is refundable if the stay is cancelled with more than 2 months notice.
However, in order to try and keep our business afloat whilst also wanting to support our guests in the best way we can in these extraordinary circumstances, the following cancellation policy applies to guests who have made bookings due to take place this year.
If guests are unable to come on their holiday due to the Corvid 19 situation the first thing we ask is that if you have holiday insurance, then please check if you can make a claim with your insurers. This would really help us, as it would mean that if you could get your holiday refunded then you haven’t lost out financially and neither would we. You could then book in the future with us as normal once we are out of these uncertain times.
If you do not have holiday insurance then the following applies to cancellation of bookings:
Bookings that have been fully paid and the stay is due in less than two months:
- We can re-schedule your holiday for later in the year up until the end of 2020 with no charge from us.
- If you have not been able to take your stay by the end of 2020 we will offer you a voucher/credit for 20% of your stay which would be valid until end of 2021 for use against another booking.
Bookings that have been made with the deposit paid and more than two months notice can re-schedule their booking for later in the year (we ask folk to amend their booking once only if possible) or they can cancel as normal and the deposit would be forfeit. If nearer the time of your booking, the public health advice has changed and you wish to re-book and there is availability then we would not ask for another deposit you would simply pay for the balance of your stay. This ‘deposit credit’ will be valid for bookings taken by the end of 2020.
Bookings that have been fully paid and are more than two months away: Our normal cancellation policy would apply here ie we would refund you the balance element of your stay if you wish to cancel your booking. The deposit would be held by us for this year so that if nearer the time of your original booking or later in the year, the public health advice has changed and you wish to re-book then we would not ask for another deposit you would simply pay for the balance of your stay as long as it was available and was within the 2020 season. This ‘deposit credit’ will be valid for bookings taken by the end of 2020.